Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fuge Update #3 - Faded Glory

Had to make a stop in at walmart today for a few necessities.  Along the way, I passed by the clothes section of wally world.  I happened to notice the walmart brand, "Faded Glory."  Throughout the course of the day, God has been challenging me with the idea of faded glory in my walk with him.

What things in my life need to fade away in order for me to better reflect his glory?  In our church group devotional tonight, I gave each of the kids three notecards.  On the first, they wrote faded on one side and glory on the other.  I challenged them to write what things needed to fade away in their life and then some things they could add in place to better reflect God's glory.  On the second card, the kids wrote down prayer requests and ways the adults could encourage them throughout the week. On the final card, the kids wrote EMail at the top.  They will be using these cards to write each other "encouragement mail" during the week.

Kids shared great things God is doing through them this week.  I can't wait for us to get home so you can hear just how much God is pursuing and challenging your teenagers to grow!  Keep us prayed up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment