Monday, July 9, 2012

Fuge Update #2 - The "Home-wrecker"

I've got to be honest and say that I'm not 100% sure why they call it the "Home-wrecker" but I've got a few ideas.  We split up last night at the hotel and took our kids out in Newnan, GA for dinner.  My group, and most of the other guys, made it to a mexican joint called Moe's (pretty much the same as Izzo's).  So, I did what came natural to me and ordered a burrito called the home-wrecker.  It comes with a little bit of everything.  I don't know if it's called that because it's just that good or because of the residual effects of eating a large, nicely wrapped and deliciously prepared bit a mexican food heaven.  I'd prolly have to say it's reason #2 (pun intended).

But as we made it in to camp today and got settled, we've been hit early with the theme of camp...The Pursuit.  Really, it's about the idea that God is unashamedly pursuing us, and that he is calling us to pursue the world in the same way he is pursuing each and every one of us (including your hormonal teenager!).  If we really get this idea of the pursuit into our hearts and live it out, I'd say it could be its own kind of home-wrecker.  You see, if we really get the message, then it might wreck some things in our lives that we have been chasing and giving ourselves over to.  I hope our kids this week will have their eyes open to what it is that they are pursuing and chasing.  I hope they will leave those things aside and give God the real estate of their hearts.

We've made it to Greenville safe and sound.  Pray for our adults who need rest, patience, and an extra dose of flexibility.  Pray for our students that they will tune in.  Pray for our students that they will come back transformed by the word of God.  We'll be walking through Ephesians and I'd encourage to pick up your Bible and read through it as well...that way when your kids get back, you can have more to talk about then, "How was camp?"

God is about to move in your kiddos lives.  I hope you are ready for the challenges they may bring back to your homes.  Perhaps the home-wrecker may have turned some stomachs upside down (or the out of date yahoos one van consumed), but if we really get serious about pursuing Christ, some of the things in our lives might get turned upside down or even wrecked.  I hope God wrecks some things in my life so that I can pursue follow him!

2 comments:

Brittany Stagg said...

thanks for posting about camp! i am glad to heat y'all are having a great time! can't wait to hear all about it next week!

Cliff Milton said...

Praying that their minds are open to what God has for them this week!

Post a Comment